Northern have published a skeleton timetable for next Wednesday 27 July when industrial action by the RMT union is set to take place. While a very small number of services will still operate, Northern advice to customers is ‘Do Not Travel’ on Wednesday 27 July.
In summary the timetable comprises hourly services between 7.30am and 6.30pm from:
- Leeds to Sheffield via Wakefield Westgate
- Leeds to York via Micklefield
- Leeds to Bradford Forster Square
- Leeds to Skipton
- Leeds to Ilkley
- Ilkley to Bradford Forster Square
- Skipton to Bradord Forster Square
- Darlington to Saltburn
- Liverpool to Alderley Edge via Chat Moss, Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Airport
Northern apologise in advance for the disruption and inconvenience that the RMT’s industrial action will cause. Northern continue to be keen to speak to the RMT to find a resolution and avoid any future strikes.
Services are also likely to be disrupted on Thursday, 28 July given the impact of the strike on fleet displacement across our 550-station network. Northern are advising customers to check before they travel on this date.
And finally, while ASLEF has called a strike on the 30 July involving other operators in the region, this does not include Northern.